Tuesday, May 12, 2009



What a mother's day! I managed to get all of my kids in one place and playing a game that everyone could understand and enjoy- bowling. I even let Orion beat me at arm wrestling. Actually he's been trying hard for years to manage that and the last time it was so difficult for me that I knew he would likely win if I gave him another shot. It wasn't a decisive defeat though- it took Cailyn so long to take the picture that I used up my meager reserve of strength just holding him back. If I'm going to win I have to go for the quick pin.



Rheannon trounced him, though. So he's still got a healthy respect for the power of the women in his family.



It's so fun watching the kids bowl- it's like an extension of their personalities. Auburn was all about form and consistency.



While Cailyn was more a "make it up as you go" kind of bowler. Rather whimsical even.



Willow was all about the party. She was in snuggle heaven with both her big sisters around. She even got a few triumphant full-body lifts from Rowan and tried to give one to Orion.



Rowan's approach was charge at the line and hurl the ball like a shot put. He put so much energy into it it's a wonder he didn't end up half way down the lane himself.

I am a very, very lucky mother.

1 comment:

Missy40ish said...

You always look like you enjoy just spending time together. Very cool to see these days