Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hairy issues




Well as usual there are some creative changes happening around here. Willow lost two teeth, Rowan lost a mass of wild hair, and Rheannon lost her inhibitions. All good things, if you ask me.
As the school year comes to a close I'm once again scrambling to come up with a new plan. I was offered a massage job about 25 miles away but after I crunched the numbers I realized I would be away from home 30 hours a week for $400 and the kids would be left to their own devices all that time- now their devices can be fairly inspired and some times dangerous so it doesn't seem like a smart move on my part. I'm still trying to build a clientele closer to home but I think I stepped into a luxury profession at just the wrong time, people are in belt-tightening mode. So, once again I'm back to college to finish that nursing degree. It's a fairly last minute decision so I'm really scrambling to get registered for the last few classes I can take at the community college while simultaneously applying for admission for the spring at the university and the nursing school- separate applications. The deadlines are soon. Very soon! I'm jumping through hoops as fast as I can.
If everything plays out like I'm planning Orion will be at the charter high school his sisters attended and Rheannon, Rowan, and Willow will all be at the Montessori school. That's going to involve it's own set of hoops; cross your fingers for me.

No comments: