Friday, June 20, 2008

Young at Art Show

Three of our talented kids participated in an area wide art show- currently on display through July at the community center- and Cailyn was interviewed for the local paper regarding the show and her artistic philosophy. I enjoyed reading how each girl described what art meant to her and had quite a chuckle at how revealing those statements were. Cailyn's read: "Art is my meaning, a beautiful philosophy of my human potential. It is truth, the connotation that perhaps is the only way to accurately convey dreams. It is who I am, packed full of symbolism of my being." While Auburn's statement read: "Art is how I express myself without having to use words, which can be tedious and usually meaningless." And Rheannon simply said, "Art is joy."
I'm with Rhea on this one, their art definitely brings me joy.

No comments: