Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blue Hole





The four younger kids and I spent the afternoon at Blue Hole. This place is more than a park, for us it was home for several years and the kids all have a strong attachment to the place. It was nice to see Orion old enough to really compete at ring catching though I was amused to see that Rheannon's tree climbing has suffered with age- I guess now she realizes she could fall. Rowan and Willow tried their darndest to catch some shiners and then we all wandered down stream and experienced open-mouthed shock to discover that the creek isn't just low, but actually dry. I guess it's true that you can't go home again. I feel sorry for my kids watching this beloved childhood spot dry up and die.


1 comment:

Daddy # 1 said...

The rains will return. God made us that promise. So don't dry up and blow away quite yet O.K.. JC