Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ah Rats!



We have had cats- lots and lots of cats, our fair share of dogs, goats, chickens, turkeys, ducks, a rabbit (that was short lived) and fish. I have always had the rule that I don't feed anything that doesn't have a job (excepting the fish) so what was I thinking when I let Rheannon talk Santa into rats for Christmas? I was thinking "what the heck?" And you know what, it was a brilliant move.



These critters are fun, personable, and entertaining. Not to mention they live in a cage so they don't knock things off the counters (the cat), try and sleep on my bed (the dog) or poop all over the porch (chickens). If I had it to do over we would only ever have rats. I don't even notice their tails anymore- and I know that's the thing that's got you feeling squeamish.



I gotta say, we love our rat girls.

No comments: